Roasting Coffee Beans : A Traditional Ceramic Roaster Method
Roasting Coffee With a Traditional Ceramic Roaster
INSPIRED! This is What You Need to Get Roasting at Home
- Green Coffee : We are sourcing greens beans for purchase directly from the producers in store. Alternatively, these may be sourced from local coffee roasters.
- Coffee Bean Roaster : There are several different types of coffee roasters available in store, depending on the volume of coffee beans you will be roasting.
- Coffee Bean Grinder : There are various grinder options, however, for Middle Eastern coffee, the grinder is very specific.
- Coffee Bean Storage : An air tight container is required, however, it is advisable to use the beans within a week of roasting, as the flavor and aroma of the beans diminishes with time.
Getting Started with Roasting Your Coffee Beans
- The beans must be heated to temperatures between 370ºF to 482ºF.
- The beans must continually be agitated throughout the process to avoid scorching.
- Roasting should be done in a well ventilated area due to the smoke produced.
Method : A Traditional Ceramic Roaster
- Preheat your Traditional Ceramic Coffee Roaster on the heat source, preferably a flame source.
- Measure out and place the correct amount of coffee beans for the quantity of coffee you are wanting to prepare, into the roaster.
- Determine the roast stage you are wanting to achieve.
- Replace the roaster on the heat source.
- Continue to agitate the beans throughout the process to ensure the beans do not burn and roast evenly.
- Remember, if you are roasting for a Middle Eastern coffee, roast to a Medium stage as the coffee is roasted for a second time during the coffee making process.
- Once the beans are roasted to your preference, place the coffee beans into a colander and shake the beans around to remove the chaff and the beans have cooled down.
- Grind these beans immediately for a delightful, fresh coffee.
- Alternatively store the coffee beans at room temperature out of direct sunlight to be used within a week for the best experience.
For all your coffee roasting accessories, visit our website here